Become a Tea Professional
A TEA SOMMELIER is a trained and knowledgeable tea professional who has successfully completed the eight modules in the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ course at a college or online, and passed the Tea and Herbal Association of Canada certification examination.
- Have a thorough understanding of tea and its history, processing methods and preparation.
- Be able to interact easily with anyone on the subject of tea and make recommendations based on their needs in an approachable and easy manner.
- Have the ability to design a comprehensive tea menu for retail or any food service environment.
- Understand and apply the principals behind tea and food pairings.
- Understand and articulate the tasting notes associated with different teas.
Join Our Community
Sign up to receive news and updates.